Lunes, Enero 4, 2016

DEAD STAR


I am Alfredo Salazar, the son of Don Julian, a more than 30 years old man and a bachelor. I am engaged for 4 years to a woman named, Esperanza but I still have time to flirt with this girl named, Julia Salas. 
I know you are all thinking that why do I flirt with this another girl IF I AM ENGAGED already. Well guess what.. one factor to consider is that the contrast of my attitude and Julia's personalities. I am the type of guy who is calm and steady while Julia is lively and full of energy. The difference between our personalities must have hinder me to think that I am engaged because I saw in her the things I lacked.

Confusions, heartbreak, and love. These are the things that encapsulates the story of the Dead Stars. It is a beautiful and a typical love story which highlights the confusions on the relationship between the three characters namely Alfredo, Esperanza, and Julia. The story is a collection of complex situation that every man has to go through in life.

The main character, Alfredo Salazar, was torn between making two important decisions – to marry or not to marry. But just like other dilemmas, the crossroad in which he found himself in was not to be solved without harming anyone. He was engaged to Esperanza, his fiancĂ©e for four years. Theirs was undoubtedly a love that was true. But for some reasons, apparently on Alfredo’s part, a change of heart has taken place. He has fallen for Julia Salas. After spending several afternoons and conversations, he found himself slowly getting attached to her that he started losing concern for Esperanza.



A choice between whether to follow through a commitment or to follow one’s heart, a decision not easy to make. Choosing to follow through commitment might appease more people, but when it comes to picking a life time partner we should not let other people’s opinion affect our decision. The decision of Alfredo to pick Esperanza might have come from the fear of disappointing their community.

We should not choose, just because of pressures around us. When we choose, we should choose the thing that we feel would be right for us, not the thing that would make the people around us happy.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento